Monday, April 9, 2012

Hunger Games

Yes I'm guilty! I weakened and actually read the series, Hunger Games, that everyone is talking about. I had seen the books at the book store for several months but knew nothing about them except they were written for tweens.  My daughter-in-law started reading the books and told me I ought to read them. I still wasn't very interested but since she already had the books I decided to try them.

The plot is horrific. Kids killing kids. It doesn't matter that it is good versus evil, it's still kids killing kids while involved in a game.  What was the author thinking?  What was I thinking?  I should have stopped reading after the first book, but I had to find out how it all ends. I was disappointed, to say the least.

Now there is a movie out about the first book in the series. It's getting mixed reviews from different movie goers.  I can tell you right now that no matter the reviews I will not be tempted to see it myself.  It just isn't my cup of tea.  Maybe it's my age or maybe, it's just common sense. 

One thing I do know, the author is laughing all the way to the bank.

Christine

6 comments:

Unknown said...

There is no way I could get into those! Thanks for the review!

JacksDad said...

Every day is a hunger game day with Jack. He keeps telling me he's hungry and I keep telling him he's already had enough to eat!

Ina in Alaska said...

Thanks for saving me the time and lost hours!

I will say that now that Halle has pink dyed ear tips when we visited the vet clinic one of the vet techs said there are dogs in the movie version who have been dyed...and Halle reminded her of some dogs in the movie with her dyed hair.... always a Diva ....

Carol said...

I have had no interest in the books or movie. Now your review has confirmed my feelings. Definitely not my style of fiction. I guess I'm an old fogey!

Smiles,
Carol

Vee said...

Kids killing kids? Really? Oh yuck. Thanks for spelling it right out because I have heard all the hoopla, but had no idea the plot.

Lois Christensen said...

Yes, my son is just starting the first book. Not too sure about the movie, but my niece saw it and she loved it! Enjoy your day!