Thursday, November 4, 2010

Snails Pace






Our new screened in deck is moving along at a snails pace. Painters came last week and finished in two days. Now we are waiting on the electrician to install the fans and the gutter guys to come and install guttering. Also waiting on the screens to be installed. The guttering and screens had to be ordered, so will take a few days or weeks to come in. My question is, why weren't they ordered when the project was started. That, of course, would have been to easy. As you can see I'm having to learn patience. We went ahead and put the furniture out for our Halloween get together last weekend and I've been using it a lot this week because the weather has been wonderful. I am so glad we decited to do this but I just want it finished. Patience, patience.

Christine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love it!! I didn't notice there were no screens...lol
It's Beautiful :)

Unknown said...

It is so lovely! You will get so much use out of that room! I sure enjoy ours.

Anonymous said...

It is fabulous!!!

Oklahoma Granny said...

Wonderful space!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous!!! I know you're anxious to get it all done!!

Liz

countryliving said...

Very nice.....
I think carpenters work to their own tune. Been there. Done that.
2 years for an addition to be finished. Then the cement that
was poured for the floor heaved and cracked. They had to get some one to come in and jack hammer the whole floor out. One carpenter got a new nickname by his fellow workers after he spilled
stain on the bedspread and all over the carpet. I have more stories......

Gianetta said...

It looks great.