Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dishing It Up With Christine

Fruit Pizza

For our family Hawaiian Luau birthday party that we gave for our daughter-in-law a few weeks ago I made a fruit pizza instead of a cake.  It was so easy to make and everyone loved it (or so they said).

I bought two packages of sugar cookie dough and flattened them in a pizza pan. The recipe called for one but my pizza pan is large and one package wouldn't cover it.  Bake at 375 degrees for 11-15 minutes.  Cool.



In a bowl blend one package of  8oz. cream cheese and one cup confectioner sugar.  Spread cookie with cream cheese mixture.




Decorate with sliced fruit. I used one large peach, one green apple, one orange, fresh strawberries, and a couple of bananas. Blueberries, raspberries and kiwis are other fruits that could be used.



Before serving I dribbled chocolate syrup over the top. Not too much though. Slice like you would a pizza, but smaller pieces, because it is very rich.

I don't make this too often because it's a bit costly, but for the luau I thought it would fit the occasion.

Happy eating,
Christine



9 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I've made fruit pizza before but never with chocolate sauce. I'll certainly be trying that next time. But just a dab per your instructions. YUM!

2 Tramps said...

Oh, that looks so delicious. We have company coming for the weekend and will be making your wonderful dessert for sure. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I've had this and it is wonderful! I think it's a great substitute for birthday cake.

Carol said...

Yummy! Looks delicious, my mouth is watering!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious and easy to make.

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious! Of course, I'd just skip the fruit, but add on more chocolate!

Unknown said...

I am so going to make one of those!

Ina in Alaska said...

THAT LOOKS TASTY!

Anonymous said...

YummY!!!!