Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heaven on Earth


Some of you have been following my sister's blog (Ninny's Notes) and know that we went to New Mexico for a much needed break from extremely high temps here in Oklahoma last week. I have decided that we live in the wrong part of the world after spending time in the mountains. Not only were the cooler temps wonderful to experience, but the views were spectacular.  I was in awe of the beauty of the whole area.  Truly this area of the world is heaven on earth.




My dream is to someday own a little bit of this "heaven on earth" so that I can spend my summers there. Alas, it is only a dream, but one I would like to have over and over again.

Christine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Beautiful and I'm all for cooler temps. I hope you get your little pice of Heaven one day.
I'm hoping I get mine too!!

Unknown said...

I'm six hours away from the Smokey Mountains and I'm fortunate to have a friend who has a cabin there. I know exactly how you feel about wanting a piece of land in the mountains. That's also my dream. :D

Sush said...

Hi Christine...I am thrilled you are hopping on board my blog! I've been following you now since Liz sent me over for a shout out...I would have loved to be where y'all went for your trip. I mentioned to Liz one of my oldest friends moved back from Taos this spring. She helped run a gallery with some artist friends, splitting her time between Taos and NC where she permanently resides. I know she is missing her magical Taos!

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Well, we might never own a piece of this retreat, but we can get away to refresh our hot bodies (pun intended!) if only for a little while! We need to find a way to supplement our income while we're there....I spent too much money, LOL!

2 Tramps said...

Lovely photos! Have never been to New Mexico but would sure like to go. Good that you had a break from the extreme heat - it has to be so wearing on everyone.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful place!

Oklahoma Granny said...

I'm so glad you could get away for awhile. I know you must have made many wonderful memories with your sister.

Anonymous said...

Beauty and cooler temperatures - what more could you ask for.