Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow, Shovel...Repeat

Snow, Shovel...Repeat, was the headline in our local newspaper this morning. Another round of snow is coming down as I write this.  Prediction is six to eight more inches of this white stuff before it ends at noon today.  So...it looks like we will be shoveling the sidewalk and driveway again tomorrow. By this weekend it should be gone because the temps are going to be in the sixties by next Monday.  That's Oklahoma weather for you!

The front porch and sidewalk.

The street in front of our house.



The red winged blackbirds, grackles and starlings are once again hogging all the birdseed at my birdfeeder.  Once all the birdseed is gone then they will leave and then the doves, cardinals and titmouse will try to get what they think might be left.  I know that birds are birds and I shouldn't care which birds feed from my feeders but I wish I could get rid of these blackbirds that hog all the feed.  I've banged on pots and pans trying to scare them but they just come back.  Guess I'll just have to quit feeding them or give in.  Hope everyone is having a good week.

Christine



               

5 comments:

Inger said...

I know all that shoveling is no fun, but the snow is so pretty. I miss it, we only had some in November, since then - nothing.--Inger

Carol said...

The snow is beautiful, but I'm looking forward to the warmer weather next week!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Much the same here, except now the sun is out! Sunshine coming your way!

hugs!

Unknown said...

Does look pretty, but it sure wears on people after awhile. Glad you have abetter weekend to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a break from this snow soon. Spring will be here soon. I hope.