Friday, June 3, 2011

Red Door

The picture above is of our front door last summer. As you know a few weeks ago I ask all my blogger friends to recommend a new color for it.  Most everyone suggested red. Exactly the color I was thinking. I took the plunge and painted our front door red. We love it!


The color is Red Garnet by Glidden. We put a new foot plate at the bottom and eventually we'd like to get a new door handle.  This color really makes our front door pop.


From Memorial Day til after July 4th I decorate the front porch with red, white and blue. 


In the last week temperatures have been in the low to middle 90's and very humid here in northeastern Oklahoma. I hope this isn't a foretaste of what's to come for the rest of the summer. I hope it's cool where you are and you have a great weekend.

Christine

12 comments:

Inger said...

That's a perfect color for the door and will go well with both your current and your Christmas decorations. I hate that humid weather. You will hear me complain even about the dry heat here pretty soon, but that humidity, horrible.--Inger

Carol said...

Very pretty! Looks great with your patriotic decorations!

Smiles,
Carol

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. I love the red. Hugs, Marty

Tammy Kauffman said...

Love the color. It really does pop!! Wish it was cooler here but I'm in Alabama and the humidity is here to stay for a while.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love a red door!! I was just reading that in Feng Shui, a red front door means “welcome” and creates good energy. In early American tradition when a family had a red front door tired travelers traveling by horse and buggy would know that a home was a welcoming place to rest, and in Scotland, homeowners would paint their front door red to signify that they had paid off their mortgage. ~~See, you just can't go wrong with a red door!!~~

Anonymous said...

Love the Door!!!! Excellent choice :)

hot/humid here too mid 90s :(

Anonymous said...

Your door is beautiful...really says "welcome!"

Oklahoma Granny said...

Your door and entry way look FABULOUS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!!!

Unknown said...

It is just perfect!

Ina in Alaska said...

Love it!! Nice job!

granny said...

I have had comment problems too! But it seems to be ok now :0)
I just LOVE your red door!!
We are having lovely cool weather here..Our Winter in Queensland is alot milder than yours :0)We didnt even get a frost last year,lol.