Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blogland

When my sister at Ninny's Notes told me a year or so ago that she was blogging and starting a blog of her own I was wondering to myself why she would want to try such an undertaking, and a time consuming one at that. As I began to follow her blog and then to visit other blogs I found myself hooked, never thinking that I would eventually jump on the bandwagon myself. For a while I was content to just visit blogs without ever leaving comments, but found it fascinating reading what others had to say about their day to day lives. I found myself amazed at the friendships that were developing in Blogland with people who had never met face to face, but had shared interest or were just interested in someone else's way of life in another part of the world.

I found myself chuckling at Christine's postings at I'm Not Old, I'm Vintage, (she's a hoot), touched by Jeff's affection for his adorable little girls at The Path Called Life, to Kim at Life at Golden Pines, who has a heart of gold when it comes to taking in and adopting Golden Retrievers. Then there is a new one I stumbled on, Happily Ever After, where Stephanie, a young christian mother, is raising her young family following the Lord. And how could I get through the day without my Daily Dose of Jack? I found myself hanging on every thread during the tramatic illness and eventual death of Digby the Pon at Wilf and Digby discovers France and actually cried at his passing.  I could go on and on. The comments on each of these blogs showed actual interest and caring for one another. Amazing!

My sister kept encouraging me to participate but being somewhat shy at trying new things, especially anything to do with technology, I hesitated. Who would want to read anything I'd have to say? And the biggie question, who would be intersted in MY life??? Ninny continued to prod me and eventually I relented to giving it a try. She spent one weekend teaching me the ropes and I dove in. I've been at this for over a month now and it has been a blessing in my life to have these new friendships and I want to thank everyone who has left comments. It has encouraged me, to say the least, to keep sharing my life and having the opportunity to peek into yours. I still have some tweeks to work out but eventually I hope to have it all together. Also,  I have realized that I must be a true blogger because I carry my camera with me everywhere I go. My husband has made the comment that I must be addicted since I seem to be on the computer most of my free time. (Which isn't all that much.)  Could he be just a tad bit jealous? No, I don't think so. He's never blogged so he doesn't understand. I didn't say it out loud but was thinking, "Yes, dear hubby, there is more to life besides football!"

Have a rosy day.
Christine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have joined BlogLand :)
I read your Blog daily and enjoy it very much and YES there is more to life than football...tell him Miz Liz said so....lol

Unknown said...

You are doing a great job, and I sure am enjoying your blog! Beautiful rose pic!

JacksDad said...

What a wonderful post (and I'm not just saying that!). I think you've summed it up - I've found so much to enjoy reading yours and all the other blogs. It's much better than tv and you learn something new every day!

Anonymous said...

I love the friendships and comraderie of the bloggers I have "met" here in blogland, too. I am so glad you decided to join the team and we all do truly enjoy reading your posts. Everyone puts their own spin on life and your way of documenting your life is very interesting. Each blog has it's own personality, the sum of it's writer, and it's like a peek into someone else's life around the globe. You're doing a great job!

Sis